Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

When making the Product we used a variation of software’s for example Prezi, Microsoft Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premier and Audacity. We used PowerPoint first when we made our film ideas which made it easier to pitch to the class and to keep them interested.
We also Used Prezi which is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint but its online and provides a simpler way to make presentations but kept crashing when we used it online which caused some problems. I used it to keep our work interesting and easier to read through because of its simplicity. I had never used this before so I had to learn how to use it but it didn’t take long because it is simple.

Adobe Premier was the used for editing the opening scene and enabled me to make the titles to move with what the characters were doing which improved the opening scene and allowed me to customise the titles to add originality for example the shadow on the text. Adobe Premier also allowed me to cut the clips so they would change exactly when I wanted them to which I wouldn't be able to do on other soft wares. As I had never used Adobe Premier before I had to look up some tutorials on the Internet which caused the editing to take longer than if I used a software I'm more familiar with but the end product wouldn't have looked as professional as I wouldn't have had the tools I needed. I was also able to turn the sound off on certain clips when you could hear directing or sounds that just didn't fit which made it sound much more professional. I was also able to turn the sound down so it didn't overpower the song in the background which was the most important.

I used Adobe Photoshop to make the posters for Fighting to Survive. I used it because I had used it before so I didn't have to learn a new software and because of the tools the software has on it. I was able to put a picture of some gloves hanging on a brick wall and blur it black round the edge so they were centred in the middle and made it look like the light was shining on the gloves. I was also able to add the custom text from premier on the poster because they are both adobe adding consistency throughout our work. I was also able to find a similar text to the ones on the bottom of movie posters so it looked more professional. I wouldn’t be able to do this with other photo editors for example Paint because they didn’t have the tools required but Adobe Photoshop is difficult to use which is why some people chose not to use it but I had used it before so I already knew how to use it.


We also used Audacity to record my voice over of our storyboard. Audacity was easy to use and export which is why it was a no brainer for me to use it. It was important for our voice over because it is free to download and records you voice with very good quality.